I have a confession to make.
I don’t like chocolate; except white chocolate which doesn’t really count does it?
I have been an outlier from this world’s mighty intense hysteria for chocolate since I was a little girl.
I still like chocolate chip cookies… perhaps because there’s more cookie than chocolate?
Chocolate chip cookies are the bridge between my love/hate relationship with chocolate.
Chocolate chip cookies and I go way back since they were one of the first baked goods I’ve made as a child.
Chocolate chip cookies are a yummy staple in the American diet.
It’s my go-to recipe when I want something sweetly baked and easy. I haven’t eaten supermarket or packaged cookies for years after baking my own fresh cookies! One of the best things about preparing food yourself is that you know what ingredients go in with no surprises such as additives or chemicals.
I’ve gone through so many “best” chocolate chip cookie recipes throughout the years, not only for myself, but to share with my future children one day. I can happily say that I finally made one of the best soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Yield: 9-10 extra-large cookies
Time: 30 minutes
6 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*
Feel free to change the semi dark chocolate chips with white chocolate chips or butterscotch morsels.
1) Preheat oven to 325°F with racks in the middle.
2) Lay enough parchment paper to cover baking tray.
3) In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until completely blended. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract then mix until incorporated. It should look creamy. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well until there are no more flour streaks. Gently fold in chocolate chip cookies.
4) Gently make golf sized balls from the dough and spread out the balls so they’re not too close to each other on the baking tray.
5) Bake for 15 minutes and let them cool before you enjoy!