I let myself indulge in these Jam filled Cookies this summer. This type of cookies is a favorite anywhere you go whether it’s the US, Europe or Asia! I see them often in supermarkets and freshly made in bakeries. This was my first time making them and was happy to see that they’re easy to make and simply yummy! Chai said that the cookies remind him of Danish cookies that are enjoyed by Europeans especially around the Christmas season. My mother took about ¾ of all the cookies and shared them with her friends. I wish she left a little more cookies for us to enjoy but I’m happy that more people get to enjoy the food I made. I think that’s the beautiful part about food and cooking!
As you can see, I had a little fun with the cookies. :O
Yield: about 15 cookies
Time: 35 minutes
½ cup softened butter
½ brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of your favorite jam*
I used a French berry jam.
1) Preheat oven to 350°F with racks placed in the middle of the oven and line baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Use an electric beater to whisk butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add egg and whisk until combined. Slowly stir in flour until well combined.
3) Form a large TBSP of dough into balls and place on to the tray. Flatten the cookies slightly with fingers pressed together until the cookies have an even surface. You don’t want to flatten the cookies too much so that they’re too thin. You can also use cookie cutters to make fun shaped cookies!
4) Use the back of a ½ tsp spoon to create indents in the center of the cookie. Put ½ tsp of jam into the center of the indents of each cookie.
5) Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden color. Let the cookies cool and enjoy!