I love crepes! I tend to choose savory over sweet crepes. I’ve tried crepes in Paris, France and many different styles of crepes in NYC. My favorite are Japanese styled crepes where they tend to be on the crispier side and full of delicious fillings. This crepe is more European style but is still savory and has a tasty blend of flavors especially with the Curry Mango Sauce and cheesy filling. These crepes are great for appetizers or main course. I hope you enjoy them!
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Crab & Scallop Filling
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh bay scallops
- 3 cups of cooked and shredded crabmeat
- 1 cup of curry mango sauce. You can find the recipe here.
- ¼ tsp salt
- juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese*
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- parsley for garnish
You may need a little bit more cheese depending on your preference.
Yield: 5-8 crepes
Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Crepes (15 minutes)
1) Put eggs, milk, flour, olive oil, and salt in a blender and blend on low speed until combined. Increase blender speed to high until smooth.
2) Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat. Spray with oil.
3) Pour about ¼ cup of batter into pan and swirl pan until the batter covers the bottom of the pan evenly.
4) Cook until bubbles form or the edges start to curl and flip crepe by lifting the edge of the crepe. Cook for another 10 seconds or until a lightly golden color. Cool the crepe after laying it flat and continue to make crepes until batter is completely used.
5) Preheat oven to 350°F with racks placed in the middle.
6) Put olive oil on a medium sized pan on medium heat and fry bay scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side or until opaque and firm.
7) Combine scallops, crabmeat, curry mango sauce, salt, and lemon juice in a large bowl and gently mix with a wooden spoon.
8) Fill each crepe with 3-4 Tbsp of scallop and crab filling and sprinkle top with cheese. Fold the crepe with the seam side down onto a large glass baking tray.
9) Top with tomato sauce and remaining cheese (you can add more cheese if you’d like.) And heat crepes for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!