I love matcha!
I love matcha drinks, baked goods, and snacks! You can find a little more information about matcha here in my Matcha Bundt Cake recipe. These matcha cookies are soft and delicate! They have the right amount of balance in sweetness and bitterness of matcha. You can be versatile with the type of chocolate in this recipe by replacing them with white chocolate or caramel chocolate chips. I recommend using matcha that is good quality, sourced from Japan, and from a reputable brand. I hope you enjoy this delightful treat!
Yield: 10 large cookies
Time: 25 min
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 TBSP matcha green tea powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 330°F with racks in the middle.
- Lay enough parchment paper to cover baking tray.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until well-blended.
- Add egg and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add flour, matcha, and baking soda and mix until smooth. Try not to over-mix.
- Slowly incorporate chocolate chips.
- Gently make golf sized balls from the dough and spread out the balls so they’re not too close to each other on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let the cookies cool before you enjoy!