Coconut is one of my favorite tropical fruits! It’s a wonderful fruit where you can use almost every part of the coconut including the milk, water, and meat. I enjoy coconut water on a regular basis to stay hydrated or to replace Gatorade which contains unnatural chemicals. It’s a delight to drink coconut water directly from a fresh coconut which I’ve had the pleasure of trying at one of the Munich festivals!
Coconut is one of those flavors that I find very hard to resist in gelato, ice cream, or baked goods~ I love coconut cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and coconut sweets! I hope you’ll enjoy these coconut cookies! I plan to upload more recipes on coconut baked goods so be sure to check them out~
Yield: 9 cookies
Time: 20 min
- ½ cup high quality butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the middle. Lay out enough parchment paper to cover the baking tray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well mixed. Slowly blend in coconut flakes.
- Gently make golf sized balls from the dough and spread out the balls so they’re not too close to each other on the baking tray.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. The edges should be a golden color. Let it cool and enjoy!