Did you know that quinoa is a type of seed? It’s so nutritious and delicious! It’s also incredibly easy to make and cooks much faster than rice! There are many benefits to quinoa including it being high in protein, fiber, minerals, and containing sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids! It also has a low glycemic index which is good for blood sugar control. I like to cook quinoa with baby spinach to add even more nutrition to the dish!
Here’s to good health for you and your loved ones! 😊
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 TBSP EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 cup pre-rinsed quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups pre-rinsed baby spinach
- Put olive oil in a pot and use high heat. Toast quinoa for about 1-2 minutes until you can hear a crackling noise or you can smell a sweet toasted aroma.
- Pour in chicken broth and allow to boil. Cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and allow it to cook for 12 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and add baby spinach and cover the pot for 5 minutes. Fork the quinoa and serve.