On my quest to make more delicious matcha desserts, after several trials and errors which Chai so graciously helped me eat, I made the best recipe for matcha brownies! These matcha brownies were purposely made strong in matcha flavor so they’re also packed with antioxidants and health benefits. “Go big or go home. 😊” Especially when it comes to important things in life like good food! I remember my mother bought “green tea seaweed” but it had literally 0.5% of green tea in the whole product. Forget about tasting the green tea. We couldn’t even smell green tea in the product!
Try these brownies instead! The brown sugar and chocolate chips help sweeten the matcha flavor so you can enjoy them with your favorite drinks during your tea or relaxing time.
My quest for more matcha recipes is still not finished yet! I’m excited to experiment with more matcha in the near future! 😉
Yield: 6 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup canola oil or EVOO for even greater health benefits
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup good quality matcha
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the middle.
- Whisk canola oil and brown sugar in a large bowl for about a minute. Add eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
- Shift in flour, matcha, baking powder, and sea salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Add and gently stir in chocolate chips. Pour mixture in a baking pan (4.5 x 8 inches) that has been sprayed with oil.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes and let it cool before enjoying!