I’ve been making healthier versions of pasta dishes by replacing heavy cream with cottage cheese. You can find my other recipe of a Healthier Macaroni and Cheese here. Alfredo sauce is delicious but if you’re looking for a lighter and lower calorie version then try the recipe below! It’s also quick and extremely easy to make! 😊
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 4 oz pasta, cooked and drained according to instructions
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Freshly grinded pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp freshly chopped basil
- ¼ tsp freshly chopped parsley
- In a small pan, use enough olive oil to coat the pan and fry the sliced garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until the edges start to become a golden color. Take the pan off the heat and put aside.
- In a blender, blend the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, cornstarch and sea salt until smooth.
- Pour sauce in a pot and cook over low heat for five minutes. Add cooked garlic, pepper, basil, and parsley after the sauce has been heated.
- Combine cooked pasta and sauce until it is mixed well and serve immediately.