Matcha coconut tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts because it’s so delicious!! It’s full of green tea flavor sweetened with mascarpone cream. This version of matcha tiramisu is especially special because of the coconut flakes which adds a tropical twist to the already delicious dessert! I really like tropical fruits and can’t resist the flavors (like mango, papaya, COCONUT, pineapple …etc!) when it comes to dessert or drinks. My family really enjoyed the matcha tiramisu that it was gone almost instantly! Chai even preferred this version over the espresso one!
Please read the tips on how to make tiramisu from my original tiramisu recipe made with espresso here.
Matcha is delicious and healthy! I drink or eat it daily and love it for very good and tasty benefits! For more delicious matcha recipes, please check out the recipes below!
Yield: 8 servings
Time: 25 minutes + 7 hours chilling time or overnight
- ¾ cup hot water
- 2 TBSP good quality matcha powder + extra for decoration
- 2 TBSP sweet Marsala wine
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 8.8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes + extra for decoration
- 20 hard lady fingers/savoiardi biscuits
- Gently whisk or mix matcha with hot water in a large bowl. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Beat ½ cup of sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl until thick and well combined. Beat in mascarpone cheese until just combined.
- Whisk heavy cream with an electric mixer until it holds medium peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt while slowly adding the remaining ¼ cup of sugar in an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold cream into the mascarpone mixture gently. Then gently fold in the egg white mixture. Gently fold in coconut flakes.
- Add marsala wine to the bowl of matcha and mix well. Gently place 1 lady finger in the matcha mixture for 3 seconds on each side. Place the lady finger neatly onto the bottom of a large rectangular glass container (8 x 10 inches.) Repeat with more lady fingers until the bottom of the container is neatly covered. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture evenly on top of the lady fingers. Repeat the procedure with placing lady fingers in matcha and adding mascarpone mixture on top to make another layer. Cover and chill the tiramisu for at least 6 hours.
- Decorate with matcha powder and coconut flakes on top before serving. Enjoy!