This is a very healthy and delicious salad! It’s also very easy to assemble when you have the ingredients prepared in advance. It takes even less time if you use canned beans but I suggest soaking the beans overnight and cooking them in the morning, while you’re cooking the quinoa, for a less processed food. It’s an easy and delicious way to get your serving of grains, beans, and vegetables. My family also really enjoys this dish so I’ve been making it on a weekly basis this summer. The dressing is also a family recipe that my mother taught me. It’s simple, healthy, and delicious! I put it on all of my salads! I suggest to finish the dish within a few days since it is a type of salad. It’s a perfect dish to bring to a potluck or BBQ! 😊
Yield: 8-10 servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 3-4 cups kale leaves, chopped into small pieces (don’t use the stalk)
- 2 cups quinoa cooked with broth
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 8.75 oz unsalted sweet corn, drained and washed
- 1 tomato, chopped into small pieces
- 2 avocados, cubed
- ½ cup olives, chopped
- lemon juice, 2 tbsp
Dressing Ingredients (adjust to taste)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- In a large serving bowl, spread the chopped kale on the bottom surface.
- Spread quinoa, beans, corn, tomato, olives, and avocado on top of the kale. Add lemon juice on top.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing together. Add dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.