Chai and I have similar tastes in desserts. One of my favorite desserts is crème brulee while one of Chai’s favorite desserts is panna cotta. He almost always orders it if it’s available at a restaurant and we still have room for dessert! Chai asked if I could make panna cotta instead of tiramisu for his birthday this year. I was happy to make it for my loving hubby!
(and it is so much easier and less time consuming than tiramisu) 😊 You can decorate the panna cotta with fruit or your favorite sweet sauce. Chai ate all of the panna cotta I made (in addition to his birthday key lime tart)! It’s okay for him to indulge since it’s his birthday right? 😊
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 15 minutes + refrigerate overnight
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 package or .25 oz of unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix skim milk and unflavored gelatin well and set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, add heavy cream and sugar and stir well until sugar is dissolved. As soon as the cream boils, add the gelatin mixture and stir constantly for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour and divide the cream mixture into 4 small ramekins. Let it cool to room temperature without a cover.
- Add a cover to each ramekin and refrigerate overnight before serving.