This is a wonderful cake to enjoy by itself or with some lovely tea. I really liked eating this cake because it’s so soft and moist. It’s also sweetened naturally with honey instead of only using sugar. I would rate this cake as one of the best cakes I’ve made! I used Greek yogurt flavored with real fruit instead of plain yogurt. Then I topped it with more yogurt and fruit before serving. It came out delicious and there was not a crumb left! 😊
Yield: 9 inch round cake
Time: 45 minutes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt flavored with real fruit
- 1 ½ cup cake flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the middle. Spray oil on the bottom and sides of a 9 inch cake pan.
- In an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add honey, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, and yogurt and mix until well combined.
- Mix together cake flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients while mixing at the lowest speed.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until it’s golden brown. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake. Let it cool completely before serving.