I love making pumpkin bread especially around this time of the year where the Fall season starts to show itself with it’s slightly chilly weather and foliage. It’s the best time to wear warm sweaters, trench coats, long boots, and stockings! I love to fill my house with the warm smell of pumpkin and rich spices and also my family’s stomachs with delicious pumpkin bread!
This recipe is only slightly modified from my previous pumpkin bread recipe but I think it’s even tastier with vanilla and the extra crunch of pumpkin seeds! Pumpkin seeds are full of magnesium, fiber, antioxidants, and other beneficial nutrients. I love putting them on my daily oatmeal or baking! Stay warm with the love of your closest ones and Happy Fall! 😊
Yield: 2 large pumpkin breads
Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups of unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Pumpkin seeds (optional; to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the middle. Spray 2 bread/cake pans with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, milk, oil, , eggs, and vanilla extract) together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger) and stir these dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour evenly into the two pans and optionally decorate with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- If you’re using a large baking pan and the center doesn’t seem to cook well then try covering the pan with foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the center is cooked.