I’ve been trying to eat less gluten by trying an elimination diet due to health reasons. It’s been a really difficult and slow process as I love baked goods! I’ve visited some gluten free bakeries in the area and tried to bake my own goods with almond flour. Unfortunately, it’s not the same as the fluffy bread I grew up with but I’m really trying to improve my health. The first gluten free recipe that I tried was chocolate chip cookies like the first recipe I posted on this website! It’s surprisingly fluffy for a cookie but I think it’s tastier than the baked goods I’ve tried at the gluten free bakeries and a lot cheaper!
Yield: 12 cookies
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the middle. Spread enough parchment paper to cover a baking tray.
- In an electric mixer, mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop and form dough into 12 small balls and gently flatten.
- Bake the cookies for 9 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let it cool and enjoy!