I prefer to cook for several reasons including knowing what ingredients go in my food, the food is fresh, tastier, and healthier, my love for delicious food, and it’s a form of both art and science. For some reason, I thought that I would need to buy my gluten free bread or sweets from a gluten free bakery because it would be too difficult to make a delicious gluten free sweet on my own. I was happily proven wrong and it’s really not much different at all to make gluten free food.
It’s difficult to replicate the same texture and taste when you replace flour with an alternative like almond flour. However, if you replace flour with measure to measure gluten free flour like from the King Arthur brand it’s ridiculously easy and you don’t have to look for new recipes! I am not sponsored by any brands or received anything but am just speaking from my own honest opinion. I happened to find the flour at Costco and loved it! It was a double win! Here’s the recipe to one of my favorite gluten free cookies! 😊
Yield: 12 large cookies
Time: 25 minutes
- 12 TBSP unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup gluten free measure for measure flour (You can use all-purpose flour for cookies with gluten)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F with racks in the middle.
- Lay enough parchment paper to cover baking tray.
- In an electric mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until completely blended. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract then mix until incorporated. It should look creamy.
- Add flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix well until there are no more flour streaks. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Gently make golf sized balls from the dough and spread out the dough so they’re not too close to each other on the baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes or until they’re a light golden color. Let them cool completely and enjoy!