Making gluten free baked goods have never been easier! These gluten free tea cakes are a sweet addition and perfect for teatime or as snacks! You can use your favorite berries to add a fruity and juicy burst of flavor! I used my favorite blueberries~
Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 Tea Cakes
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP honey
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Fresh berries or jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the middle. Spray cupcake pan with oil.
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat and cook until it turns golden and smells nutty. Let it cool to room temperature.
- In an electric mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until completely blended. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and honey then mix until incorporated.
- Stir in almond flour and salt until well mixed.
- Distribute batter evenly into 6 cupcake molds. Top each cake with 2-3 berries or a teaspoon of jam.
- Bake the cakes for 20 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let it cool completely.
- Optional: Decorate cakes with more berries and confectioners’ sugar.