These are lovely chocolate chips cookies bursting with cherries with a slight orange twist. My family and I (mainly me) are eating a cookie per day for dessert. I’ve been seriously addicted to cookies ever since eating a lactation cookie daily after giving birth. These cookies are festive and especially nice to enjoy for the holidays! We had them for dessert for Thanksgiving! 😊
Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen large cookies
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1.75 cup or 3 ½ sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Boil cherries and orange juice in a pot and cook until most of the juice has evaporated. Set aside and let it completely cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the middle. Lay enough parchment paper to cover baking tray.
- In an electric mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until completely blended. Add eggs and vanilla extract then mix until incorporated. It should look creamy.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix well until there are no more flour streaks. Gently stir in chocolate chips and boiled cherries.
- Gently make golf sized balls from the dough and spread out the dough so they’re not too close to each other on the baking tray.
- Bake the cookies for 13 minutes or until they’re a light golden color. Let them cool completely and enjoy!